Monday, February 25, 2013

Fizzing scented sidewalk paint for kids

We love to paint and mix science in with the fun things we do.  We had a nice day to play a little outside so I whipped up some fun scented sidewalk paint.

I mixed baking soda, dish soap, kool-aid and very little water together to make our paint. You can make it with corn starch instead of dish soap, but I found it to harden up if it sat for a period of time.

I didn't measure the amounts just placed baking soda, dish soap and water in a bowl. Then when I placed the mixture in the muffin pan I added the kool-aid.

Then place vinegar in a spray bottle and after the kids paint the sidewalk a little give them the spray bottle to make the paint fizz.













This is a super fun and inexpensive outside activity to do with the kids on a nice day. 



Thanks for stopping by to see what fun stuff we are doing. Be sure to come follow us on

7 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting this informative article specially for kids fun news. I love this post for attaining a lot of sharing ideas regarding a perfect party. We are so happy in Children birthday parties for creating more close relations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks awesome and very entertaining! I am pinning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a great idea - must try it.

    I would love for you to link up at the Empty Your Archive party which has fun painting ideas as one of it's themes this week - Alice @ Mums Make Lists x

    ReplyDelete
  4. For the dish soap, are you using powder or liquid? Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm finally found the answer to your article on my search for this
    Thank you so much has been willing to share this information very useful
    Greetings from my Obat Faringitis Herbal. I hope you continue to give inforamsi very good like this to us through this nice blog. Obat Aritmia Herbal

    ReplyDelete